Introduction into the Blackburn College Athletic Hall of Fame is based on the following criteria:
1. Athletes must have been a Blackburn graduate and a Blackburn student for at least two years.
2. Each inductee must be out of school for at least five years.
3. Coaches and administrator are eligible if they served at least five years in the capacity for which they are nominated.
4. Candidates may be nominated again if they are not selected on a previous nomination.
5. Inductees must have conducted themselves in such a way as to reflect honor on the College, and must also have distinguished himself/herself in intercollegiate athletic at Blackburn College by receiving team conference, regional or national recognition during their career, or have made significant contributions to Blackburn athletics which cannot be measured by statistical or individual performance achievement.
6. The selection committee will consist of nine members as such: the Sports Information Director as designated by the Director of Athletics, the Senior Women’s Administrator, one female faculty member, one males faculty member, one female member of the Hall of Fame, one male member of the Hall of Fame and three appointees, nominated at large. A minimum of six committee members must participate in the voting and a two-thirds majority is required for selection.
7. Induction into the Hall of Fame will be conducted during the Blackburn College Homecoming Weekend.
8. Voting committee members are urged to consider many factors in their selection. For example, it is the purpose of the Hall of Fame to recognize all eligible candidates, regardless of sport, sex, or era in which the candidate played. The strength and prestige of the Hall of Fame will be based on the level of inclusion of all possible candidates.
9. There will be no set number of inductees in any given year. The number (for committee members to vote upon) will be
determined subjectively, based on the number of nominates received.
A team shall have waited a minimum of five years and have attained at least one of the following:
1. A national title
2. An undefeated season
3. A conference championship
4. Post season national championship appearance
5. A regional or district championship
6. Or, other exceptional achievements as determined by the committee.