This air-conditioned residence hall, similar in design to Graham Hall, was completed in 1965. It houses 53 men. Its restrooms were also fully renovated in 2000. Dr. Wesley Adams Challacombe, in whose memory the building is named, was a faculty member who first came to Blackburn in 1894; his career ended up spanning 53 prestigious years. Challacombe, a great-great nephew of Gideon Blackburn, was committed to the institution founded by his relative. Challacombe Hall was dedicated and opened in 1965. Because it was once the northernmost building on campus, it earned the nickname "North." However, its official name remains Challacombe to honor a very influential man in the College's history.