The Anderson building was used for 48 years as the student center on campus. Referred to by most as the “Den,” it housed the campus bookstore, a snack bar, student and faculty mailboxes, office space for conference services, two large meeting spaces, and was the location for all student activities. The Den closed in 2002 after the completion of the Demuzio Campus Center. The building will undergo renovations in the future and its primary use is still being determined. Mr. C. H. C. Anderson of Dallas, Texas, an 1899 graduate of Blackburn, provided funds for the student center as a memorial to his parents, William E. P. and Nellie Hamilton Anderson. The Student Center was dedicated in 1954.